The ASP BreakAway Glass Breaking Cap installs between the Baton handle and the baton End Cap. To use it you simply unscrew the baton cap to expose the glass breaking tips. Strike a vehicle side or back window from any tactically sound angle. The front window of a vehicle has an inner layer of laminated plastic. To break a front window, make a series of strikes in a circle. Then break out the circle.
Trying to shatter a vehicle window to help an occupant is extremely difficult. The gasket system around a window cushion any attempt at breakage. A baton or hammer will bounce off if not precisely placed. A push punch or spring breaker carries the hand into the broken glass. The three precision ground ceramic pins of the BreakAway will shatter window glass from any tactical angle.
NOTE: This item will not work with the Compact P12, P16 or disc lock/push button batons.
· Low profile
· Adds less than .75" to the baton length
· Precision machined
· 6061 T6 aerospace aluminum
· Matte black hardcoat anodized
· Geodome radiused pin platform
· Three custom molded ceramic pins
· Positive pin contact from any angle
· Compatible with existing ASP baton caps:
- Tactical (steel or aluminum)
- Tactical Triad LED
- Tactical Defender OC
- Provides protective pin coverage